Wednesday, August 27, 2014

My Friend and Critique Partner, Susan Anne Mason


I'm so proud and excited to host my critique partner and friend, Susan Anne Mason, on my blog today. Susan and I have been critique partners for four years. It has been wonderful to be part of her writing journey. 

We're celebrating because she has a new release titled, Betrayed Hearts!

Susan has shared a blurb and a fun interview with one of her characters with us. Enjoy!

Betrayed Hearts by Susan Anne Mason CoverLily Draper comes to Rainbow Falls in search of her biological sister, the only blood relative she has left. Emotionally scarred by her preacher father, Lily avoids religion at all cost. Her new landlord, an aspiring minister, soon has her questioning her views. Can she learn to trust Nick's heart or will her sordid past destroy their love?
Nick Logan hopes to take over for the retiring minister who has groomed Nick for the job. But Reverend Ted seems to feel the position requires Nick to marry an upstanding woman, namely Ted’s niece. When Nick finds himself falling in love with Lily Draper, the woman least likely to become a minister's wife, his problems escalate. And when Reverend Ted gives him an ultimatum, Nick faces an impossible choice.
Can he accept God’s will and still find a place for Lily in his life?

Character Interview:
1. Tell us your name and a little bit about yourself?
My name is Lily Draper. My adoptive mother died when I was 10, leaving me with my bitter father who never really wanted me. I left home at 18 and have been scraping my way through life ever since. But recently I found out that I have a biological sister and I’m heading to Rainbow Falls, North Dakota to find her.

2. Tell us about where you live and why you choose to live there?
I grew up in a small town called Fielding, North Dakota. When I left my father’s house at age 18, I moved to Bismarck—to the anonymous city where no one knew me, and I’ve been there for several years. But now, for some reason, Rainbow Falls feels like home.

3. What is a quirk of your personality that most people wouldn't know?
I wear a locket that my mother gave me with a picture of my biological mother inside. Whenever I’m stressed or afraid, I touch it to give me courage.

4. Name two things would you hate people to know about you?
My shady past with men. And that I’d do anything for someone to really love me for me, not just for my looks.

5. Tell us about your special guy. What makes him special?
Nick Logan is my landlord and a handyman, and is studying to be a pastor. He is kind, honest and trustworthy, traits I have never found in any of the men in my life. I have to wonder if he’s too good to be true. Certainly too good for the likes of me.

6. The first time you saw him, what did you think? Did you like him immediately, or did he have to grow on you?
Of course, I was attracted to him right away — he’s very handsome. But when I learned he wanted to be a pastor, I knew I had to forget about him. After life with my hypocritical preacher father, the last person I want to be involved with is a religious fanatic. The kind that says one thing and does another. Besides, I’d never make a good partner for a pastor.

7. What would he hate people to know about him?
Nick would hate for people to know that he’s too nice for his own good. And he’s a bit of a pushover for his young cousin, Chloe, who is like a little sister to him.


Bio
Susan has recently been blessed with contracts from White Rose Publishing, Love Inspired and Bethany House. Betrayed Hearts is Susan’s debut contemporary romance, which releases on August 8, 2014. Book 2 - Wayward Hearts releases in December 2014.
Susan lives in a suburb near Toronto, Ontario, Canada, where she works part-time as a church secretary. She is a wife and the mother of two amazing kids, and is a member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and Romance Writers of America (RWA). In addition to writing, she likes to scrapbook and to research her family history on-line. You can connect with her on Facebook or on her website http://www.susanannemason.com.

Links to buy my book:

http://tinyurl.com/kqk6wdt  - For Softcover




5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for having me, Julie! You are a true blessing to me!

    Cheers,
    Susan (Sue)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed the interview. I am reading Betrayed Hearts now and really enjoying it.

    Ann Ellison
    abilene_nana@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool you two ladies are critique partners. You're both great authors? I loved the character interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Terri! Looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete