1. It’s fun to see the look you get when you tell someone you’re writing a 50,000 word novel in a month.
2. Those characters who have been talking in your head will finally have a purpose.
3. Writing fast and furious can release creative juices you never knew you had.
4. It gives you an excuse to procrastinate on things like cleaning the toilets.
5. It’s the perfect opportunity to write that weird time travel, pirate, romance novel that has been plaguing you.
6. You’ll have something to do while everyone else is taking a nap on Thanksgiving afternoon.
7. At the end of the month, you can say, “I wrote a
8. It’s a great way to get to know other crazy writers.
9. For years, you’ll know that 50,000 / 30 = 1,667 (because that will be your daily word count goal).
10. You don’t have to edit or work on a synopsis for an entire month.
Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo?