Monday, April 2, 2012
Things I want my son to know about faith
* God loves you.
* No. I mean, He really, really, really loves you.
* Don't be afraid if someday you have questions or even doubts about Him.
* But whatever you do, keep seeking Him.
* I don't have all the answers. Neither does your dad or your pastor. We can give you guidance, but God always gets the last say on things.
* God will use your specific gifts and talents.
* If He asks you to do something that you don't think you have the right gifts or talents for, do it anyway.
* Read the Bible - even the hard, scary parts.
* Don't pretend you understand it all.
* If you don't know the answer to something, ask God.
* And learn to be okay with the fact that He may not explain it to you right away.
* But don't forget, keep seeking Him.
* Learn how to pray.
* Learn to be silent. Learn to pray using scriptures. Write down your prayers. Pray simple prayers like, "Help," "Thank you," and "I'm sorry."
* Don't compare your relationship with Jesus to another person's relationship with Him.
* Don't try to impress anyone with your relationship with God.
* Love Him with a humble heart.
* Keep seeking Him.
* God really, really, really loves you.
What do you want your children to know about faith?