In honor of week two of NaNoWriMo, I’ve made a list of ways to procrastinate instead of writing. I’ve even added justification for the procrastination in the parentheses. Bonus!
If you’re not participating in NaNoWriMo, I’m confident you can use this list to learn new ways to procrastinate on all kinds of things. The sky is the limit!
- Write a post about how to procrastinate (Blogging is marketing.)
- Sign up for Pinterest (For inspiration, of course.)
- Clean the house (This will help your spouse forgive you for all the time spent on your novel.)
- Create a new Pandora station (You need music to write, right?)
- Visit the NaNoWriMo forums (75,000 other NaNo participants are on there right now. Why shouldn’t you be there?)
- Go to the store and buy more chocolate and coffee. (What will you talk about on twitter and the NaNo forums if you don’t have these things on hand?)
- Check Twitter and Facebook (Because you need to make sure no one else is procrastinating.)
- Check your email (Someone important may have emailed you at 11:32pm or 11:34pm or 11:37pm.)
- Go shopping on Zappos.com (Research! You need to accurately describe your character’s shoes.)
- Check your word count again (Maybe it magically increased while you were reading this)
How do you procrastinate?