Friday, July 8, 2011

Writing Vacation


That's my little guy on the left with his two cousins on our recent vacation.

I turned in book three on July 1! I took a one week vacation from writing to sleep in and clear my head, and I discovered something.

I get grouchy when I don't write.

It's true. When I don't write, I have less patience, and it's difficult for me to focus on other things. Getting up at 6:45am for work isn't much easier than waking up at 5:00am to write. The only benefit I've found from my writing break is that my house is a little cleaner. :)

I'm ready to jump into a new story, and I think my husband will be glad to have his cheerful wife back.

What about you? What do you do to keep yourself in a positive mood?

9 comments:

  1. This is so true. I'm much happier when I'm writing. Living part-time in my made up world makes it easier to survive the real one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't get grumpy, but I do have a lot less focus when not writing. A few years back I would have never thought that I'd need a daily writing fix. Part of me isn't alive unless I'm writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The beach looks wonderful!
    I get grumpy when I'm not writing either and I tend to lose focus, probably because I wish I was writing.

    Nothing like jumping into a new story. It's my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great picture! so sweet. :-)

    I get grouchy too when I don't write. I feel better though if I read. At least I feel reading will eventually help me with my writing so it makes me feel better. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great picture. So sweet.

    I always need to have a book on the stocks or I just don't feel right.

    Yay for turning in book three!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chocolate always effects a positive mood. Congrats on turning in book 3

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks so precious standing there. Makes me wonder what he's thinking.

    I don't get grumpy, but my brain won't shut down. It's constantly thinking about the next scene, character or idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you had a get-away. Everyone needs that to regroup and refocus - and to discover things about themselves (i.e. your need to write! :) BTW: What beach is this? It sure is a great photo with the three of them standing there.

    Congrats on finishing your Canyon Walls series, and good luck as you begin your next writing endeavor!

    And thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting! It's always good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm, good question. When I'm grumpy I prefer not to interact with anyone. Aloneness usually helps me. Congrats on getting that book in! Your little man looks adorable. ;-)

    ReplyDelete