Monday, January 10, 2011
101 Blog Post Ideas for Writers - Part 1
I'm constantly trying to come up with topics for my next blog post. I began compiling a list, and I want to share it with all of my writing friends. I'll post 51-101 later this week. I hope this sparks ideas for some brilliant posts!
1. What is your favorite quote and why?
2. What is your favorite book and why?
3. Ask a question
4. How you knew you wanted to become a writer
5. Your first memory of books or reading
6. Your first memory of writing
7. Photos of your writing space
8. Describe your dream writing space
9. Writers in your life and how they've inspired you
10. Creative prompts for other writers
11. What you've learned through blogging
12. What novelists can learn from screenplays
13. Overcoming writer's block
14. A list of your favorite industry blogs
15. A list of the best writing posts of the week
16. How you researched your last book
17. The most interesting piece of research you came across
18. If you could write any genre (and it would sell), what would it be?
19. How to plan a book signing
20. How to cope with a substantial critique or edit
21. Create a cartoon about writing
22. List the biggest mistakes you made in your first manuscript
23. How to throw a launch party
24. Describe your dream launch party
25. Your process for brainstorming
26. How to find a critique group or partner
27. How to speed up your writing process
28. Write about the time you almost gave up writing for good
29. Encourage other writers to keep going
30. The book idea you wish you'd thought of first
31. I can't sit down to write unless...
32. Time management systems for writers
33. Reviews of your favorite office supplies
34. An interview of your significant other about your writing habits
35. Your process for outlining a story
36. Goal setting
37. What to do if you've failed at the goals you set
38. How the books you read as a teenager affected you
40. Where to find inspiration
41. How a hobby has made you a better writer
42. How not to get an agent
43. Mistakes to avoid in manuscripts
44. Mistakes to avoid in synopses
45. Mistakes to avoid in query letters
46. Myths about writers
47. Grammar and punctuation lessons
48. Advice you wish someone had given you
49. Advice you wish you had never heard
50. Character names
You can find Part 2 (51-101) here.
If you write a post based on any of these prompts, post a link in my comments. I'd love to read it. Do you keep a list of blogging ideas?