Thursday, March 4, 2010

25 Random Things About Me

I've posted this before in other places, but I thought it would be a good way to introduce myself to anyone who doesn't know me. Like #24 mentions, I love lists. So, here are 25 random things about me.

1. I'm 29-years-old. I'm married to my awesome husband, Kevin, and have a wonderful 19-month-old son.

2. I love anything sour. My favorite is cutting a lemon in half, pouring salt on it, sucking out the juice and then, turning it inside out to eat the inside. My sister loves this as much as I do.

3. Hippos scare me. I watched a show once about how aggressive they are. I used to think they were cute - now I think they're just mean.

4. I had a job at OSU where I read textbooks on tape for students with disabilities. One of the first books I had to read was for a sex education class, and our office was basically one big room with the other employees working silently at their desks. Awkward!

5. The first time I had really ever driven on an interstate or in a city was when I was going to college. My roommate used to yell, "Gas not break! Gas not break!" to me as I merged.

6. I'm still an overly cautious driver. My husband will tell you I drive like a grandma.

7. I like to follow the rules. I always read the directions first. It takes me forever to put something together because I like to read over everything first, then put it together EXACTLY like the directions say.

8. I met my husband when I was working in the cafeteria at a church camp. I knew he really liked me if he could see past the apron and plastic gloves (I don't think I was wearing a hair net the day we met).

9. Every single day that I'm at my office, I have my space heater blowing directly on my feet.

10. I almost always enjoy watching a movie for the second time better than the first time. I get really nervous the first time and can enjoy it more when I know how it ends.

11. Kevin is way better at picking out our son's clothes than I am. I like to leave him in pajamas all the time, so Kevin picks out his clothes for church.

12. I absolutely love watching the Food Network and other cooking shows like Top Chef, but I really don't cook much.

13. I LOVE Christmas movies. We watch them constantly from Thanksgiving to Christmas. Elf, White Christmas, Christmas Vacation are some of my favorites.

14. I co-lead the 6th grade girls at my church. They're silly, loud, fun and just all around great girls.

15. When I had a baby, I've learned not to be judgmental of other parents. Parenting is hard, and for the most part, I think people are doing the very best they can.

16. Growing up, I used to go "help" my dad with the farming a lot. Really, I would fall asleep in his truck until he finished all the work and woke me up to go fishing.

17. When I was little, I was a major tom-boy - fishing and playing outside. I'm more of a girly girl these days.

18. I recently learned to knit and crochet. I'm pretty new at it, but I find it so relaxing.

19. I love coffee ice cream with Heath Bar in it, and I love any kind of dark chocolate.

20. The first thing I did after having my son was drink a Dr. Pepper. I've been trying to cut back on the soda, but it's so hard!

21. I change all of the diapers in our house because I made a deal with Kevin that I would change diapers if he would clean out the litter box. I HATE cleaning out the litter box. Baby poop is much better than cat poop.

22. Traveling is fun, but there is nowhere like home. I'll always be a homebody at heart.

23. One of my favorite chapters of the Bible is Psalm 84. It's so beautiful! 1 How lovely is your dwelling place, O LORD Almighty! 2 My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 3 Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young—a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.

24. I write a lot of lists. Now, I keep them on my blackberry. I have about ten of them right now - to do, grocery, someday, call, etc.

25. I love God. I love my family. And I love my friends. I feel really blessed to have the life I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment